Hair tong, also known as a flat iron or a hair straightener, is a heating tool used to get desired shape of hair. If you’re thinking that this wonderful creation is a thing of the modern times, you are wrong.
The concept of this must-have hair styling tool was developed in as early as the 1800s. The ladies then too were fashion conscious. In fact, they were much more conscious than what you or I might be today. With time, the tool evolved in every way. Today it has the most modern appearance and is extremely user-friendly. But even with all the benefits of this tool, there are some problems faced by everyday users.
Straightening Tips while using a Flat Iron
- Get the Start Right: Never start before your flat iron is fully hot. Always make sure that your hair tong is at the right temperature. The logic here is – a flat iron is supposed to do its job well only when it properly heated. Failing to do this, you will end up with hair curls after just a few hours.
- Clean it to Maintain It: Make sure your flat iron is clean and well-maintained. This is to be treated like any other device. Dust always hampers the heat and affects the result adversely. So clean and maintain it well otherwise, you will not be able to get the straightening right. If not cleaned well, dust, grime and grease will stick onto your hair – making hair damage easier. Plus it will make your hair clump together. You must also wash your hair well.
- Comb it Right:Comb your hair well before you begin ironing. Then again, if your hair is very curly, it is a good idea to comb in between straightening. This helps get the shape right and holds it for longer.
- Always Start Backwards: Make sure you start with the back of your head always. Then slowly, work to the front. Ideally, the hair in your front should be the last thing to be straightened, and most even professionals vouch for this hair straightening tip.
- One Inch at a Time: Each time you divide your hair in different sections to straighten your hair, go for one-inch of hair at a time. Take one-inch section and iron it well. Don’t lose patience. It is okay to go slow – this will let you have perfect and long lasting straight hair.So these were some of the least spoken off and yet most relevant hair straightening tips for people who love straightened hair.Use hydrating shampoo and conditioner for your hair if you use flat iron every day. We also advise you to opt for a ceramic-plated hair straightener. This will lessen damage, reduce frizz and give better results. Always use a heat protectant before you start straightening.Keep these simple tips in mind next time you straighten your hair. Share more tips for straightening hair, if any. Or write in to us in comments below to let us know if you liked this post.